Health and Lifestyle
Be Bold, Be Blessed, Build Confidence
For years I prayed for boldness. It wasn’t until watching our dog, Rosy, charge after rabbits or seeking out a possum that I realized how instinctive that was for her. She was brave and just forged ahead. With the exception of getting bit in the eye from a ground of yellow jackets, boldness and the fearlessness had worked in her favor. She had the sense of adventure that was what I wanted to experience. I just heard on PBS a show on the advantages of taking risk. Taking risks can do a lot to help us. Check out the 7 Reasons Why Risks can lead to success.
If you find yourself stalling, ask why? Are you sitting back and passing up opportunities? Or are you just waiting and hoping that by some miracle, they will come to you? Are you filled with reservations or myths that you aren’t able to pursue something? Are you fearful of failing? Brendan Burchard is an inspirational guru who says, “Most fears these days are just poor management of your mind.” We are all responsible for ourselves and we need to empower ourselves. You can do it and profit by developing confidence. Let the criticisms you receive and the opportunities to engage with learned people, help you grow and succeed.
Do You Love Yourself?
Here at Mini Miracles from Minor Moments we shine the light on everyday occurrences that can bring you joy. This week’s podcast covers a variety of topics:
- Surrounding Yourself with Good Friends Check out Success Magazine
- Taking care of yourself
- Learning to Absorb compliments
- Accountability to one another
- Finding clarity –check out Tony Jeary
- From Success magazine, please check out Charlene Johnson
- Letting go of carrying too much! The mind and the body often suffer together. Linda shares a time when she was overloaded!
- Getting rid of excess is freeing. If your have items to share, check out Goodwill, Savers, and local church or community rummage sales. They will be thrilled to pass along items you no longer need.
- Partner up with one another. Here at Mini Miracles, we encourage you to connect. Always connect with us at our Crystal Lake Office
Taking the first step forward may put you on the Escalator of Success.
- For those who want the best in email services check out Convert Kit
How to Improve Productivity
Being productive is essential for feeling good about yourself and being efficient at home or work. Getting things done well so one does not have to go back and make corrections is the best option.
Here are a few thoughts to help you improve productivity:
- Be careful not to overextend yourself. We all do it, we pack too many appointments or things to do in our day. We rush and find even the best of things lose their enjoyment. Better to have fewer things done well and having the extra time rather than rushing and enjoying nothing.
- Recognize priorities. What is really important? Can the job, phone call, or visit be done on another day when time permits?
- Focus on solutions and take the action necessary. Today was one of those days when I needed to get to get to the bank. It is a holiday on Monday and I needed to check on something. The action of going there first thing this morning took that off my plate.
- Don’t forget to eat. LOL, we seldom forget that unless we are so consumed in a project or alone and find it not a pleasant event! Eating regularly is important.
- Sleeping can be hard for some of us when we have random thoughts racing around. Good to get into sleeping regular hours if that is possible. Also turning off blue light technology like computers and phones will help. Our eyes and our minds need a break! A half hour of quiet before laying down can help us relax when we hit the pillow.
- Drink water and fluids throughout the day. Yes drinking fluids keeps up feeling our best.
- Moderation goes a long way in achieving productivity. Pacing ourselves and keeping balanced with fun and work is the best option. Having said that, we all know that it is hard to keep a variety of food, activities, and friends scheduled. Grab the moments of joy whenever you can and savor them.
Know what you like and appreciate you own insights. We all find different patterns of comfort. I like to escape from the office between 2 and 4. A walk outdoors even to get the mail is needed for me. Often I will go out to a Chapel or go for an iced tea. It is a simple routine that recharges me. Finding your own patterns and identifying them is a big help. Taking the first step to enjoying life begins with feeling productive and worthwhile. Soon you’ll be riding the escalator of success. Have a great day!
How do you find your way to earning a living?
How do you manage the crisis moments in your life?
Just what method helps you find your way to different locations is different for every one of us. Do you use landmarks to find your way?
Vince Lombardi says, “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”
Linda takes us one step further and talks about finding your way in life and offers ideas on how to address some of our daily concerns. Taking care of ourselves is not only physical, but mental. We are called to protect ourselves just like a roof protects a home. We need to be the best person possible by taking time for our interests. Freeing time for yourself carries you forward and gets you to your goals. “Take the next step forward and put yourself on the escalator of success.”
Join us every week for our Podcast Mini Miracles from Minor Moments.
Welcome to Podcast 132 on Seizing the Day and making opportunities to enjoy the minor moments.
Dealing with sometimes chaotic schedules at work and home can lead us to look for energy. Linda shares a few ways to make the most out of the time one has and using it to the fullest to enjoy life. Meeting deadlines, responding to one another, and prioritizing relationships over schedules are all necessary for our health and welfare. Writing, journaling and quiet time help balance out a productive and busy lifestyle, but it isn’t always easy.
Linda offers onsite counseling at Delight in Living, Ltd. located in Crystal Lake, IL and also coaching online to meet your needs. She makes an effort to schedule appointments when it is the most convenient for you! Take the first step, it may put you on the escalator of success.
You have been prepared for years to deal with and tackle the Daily Challenges that come your way? This preparation started when you were a child and has continued throughout the years. Today Mini Miracles from Minor Moments deals with the Value of School, Developing Healthy Boundaries, and Overcoming Fears. Does it sound overwhelming? Well it isn’t but a few insights are meant to go a long way in helping YOU feel better.
Taking the first step can put you on the escalator of success!
Linda brings us up to date on one of the oldest Art Forms in History. Writing things down can be the best form of relaxation and relief. It does so many things for us, including:
- reducing stress
- bringing seemingly insignificant moments to the surface
- recognizing internal strengths
- keeping things in perspective
- putting ideas into practice
- Untangling situations and developing clarity
- Decide the difference between a thought and a feeling
- Clears the mind so there is space to develop
- Helps a person put words to what is happening in their lives
- Heals relationships
- Strengthens a sense of self
- Improved self trust
- Offers new perspectives
Learn to frame things into positive sentences and therefore into positive thinking. Take the first step forward, it may put you on the Escalator of success!
Linda talks about the concept of Triangulation in your life.
Balancing our lifestyles is a art form. Linda talks about the concept of triangulation in Education, Business, Health, and Personally.
What a wonderful concept on how to be the best version of yourself. She talks about people in our lives and how Mini Miracles from Minor Moments come into our realm. We gain lots of energy from them. That is also very true with finding support from 3 different angles! Check this out. You’ll be glad you did!
Take the first step forward and it may put you on the escalator of success.
Using Power Cooking & Air Fryers may help!
Just where does good health come from? Science tells us that some parts of the world are healthier than others due to the foods that are eaten. In Israel, we learn that a diet rich in vegetables, fish, and unsaturated fat helps people stay well. In Japan, we learn that the people eat until they are only 80 % full. In the Italian culture, the Mediterranean diet is looked to for attaining an ideal weight, higher energy levels, and to control inflammation. In America, we are fortunate to have a variety of fruits and vegetables available to us in any given season. Here are apples grown in Illinois used for both baking and eating.
In recent months many people have looked to cooking foods in a variety of ways. The pressure cooker has evolved into the instant pots. They really are a wonder. As a long time user of the Old Fashioned Pressure cooker, I wondered how these might be different? Many people had suggested them to me and so I went out and purchased one for myself and my daughter.
I love the easiness of using them and the speed of delivering a great dinner in literally minutes. They are easy to clean, too! Hot sudsy water does the trick. Recipes are included with many of them but for me I find if I use my old recipes they still work well. With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, you might try corned beef brisket. It turns out tender and oh, so yummy. Add in your potatoes and cabbage if you desire!
Another favorite recipe is for Beef Stew. Instant Pots are awesome. Enjoy!
Another new invention are air fryers that make food taste fried without all the added grease. Cooking healthy and using some of the newest kitchen tools is great. One of my favorite people on U Tube is Chef AJ Her all vegetable approach to eating is most interesting. She is one of the people who is an advocate for using air fryers. Check out these appliances on Amazon and see if they might help you.
Perhaps it is little changes that we make and the extra steps we take toward being healthier that give us the confidence that we are helping control over our health.
Welcome to Podcast 123 of Mini Miracles from Minor Moments.
It is the minor moments in our lives that bring forth the greatest miracles.
Today Linda is sharing some takeaway’s she received in the book . Thanks to Dennis Prager for one of the most insightful books I’ve read recently. Also check out Matthew Kelly’s Books. The Rhythm of Life is one of my favorites.and his most recent book which I am still working on but enjoy is the Culture solution. Thanks, don’t forget to take
Thanks to Dr. Nick at the Crystal Lake Veterinary Hospital for all their care and concern. http://crystallakevet.com/animal-hospital/veterinarian-mchenry-county.php