The Traps to Keeping A Focus
Welcome to this weeks Podcast on trying to stay focused and connected to those around you.
Trap #1: The Comparison trap
Appears in many disguises
When we compare the amount we earn..
When we compare the education we don’t have
When we compare our family with someone else’s family
That people have better behaved kids
That others have a prettier house
That the neighbors have a cleaner yard
Someone has a better spouse or even a better behaved dog.
The list goes on …
Trap #2: We are blind to our own gifts.
We don’t use our gifts
We can’t identify our gifts.
It is our responsibility to use the gifts God has given us!
Trap #3: Losing Direction
What happened to your purpose? Your “why” for doing what you want to do and for doing it well!
Your focus is so cloudy that you cannot see the end post.
Something derails you.
You lose momentum and get stuck in quicksand.
Without light, guidance, and a push to regain momentum, you may be sad, still, or sink lower.
Trap #4: Seeing only a partial truth
ei. Like driving through a street filled with water that appears shallow enough to drive through. Upon entering it, the car ends up in a sink hole.
Or when a person seems to do things easily, one might assume that it is an easy job. What we don’t see is the endless years of study, practice, and hands on experience.
Challenge is to figure out, “What is stopping you from focusing?”
Here is a challenge to jump in and get involved at our office, with our blogs, podcasts and gain valuable self insight along the way. Contact us to be part of the ongoing development. We appreciate your contributions.
Our purpose changes along the way. We have different skills and opportunities to serve God and our neighbors along the way. Keep you mind alive. Linda suggests a few good magazines to read: Entrepreneur’s Magazine, Experience Life, Success Magazine.
Linda stresses the importance of staying connected with one another regardless of the businesses you run, the homes you keep going for your family, or the projects you take on. It is valuable to give and take from the spirit and joy of life to one another.
A shout out to Scott Harvey, John Budd, Edwin Soler, and Kiwanis friends for their ongoing support and insights.
“Take the first step forward, it may put you on the Escalator of Success!”
Podcast 152 – Your Journey!
Achieving the wins that we want as we step forward toward our goals is possible.
According to a Stanford study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, individuals are more likely to continue their positive habits after they have reached their goals if they have a mindset that there will be continued wins.
Reading a Chapter a day helps us learn to move ahead. This is the idea of developing good habits and moving forward. One chapter leads us to the next and the next until suddenly we have read the entire book. That allows us to not only learn from each chapter, but to retain an overall view of the book. We also take away for the feeling of accomplishment. Linda talks about setting one goal and building upon it, over and over again.
We need to listen to the beliefs we have and maybe rearrange or replace those ideas.
We need to go forward and set the example for one another. Linda shares an example of something that happened in the 80’s when her belief system failed her and how it opened her up to learning something new. Thank goodness she realized how making a mistake helped her re-evaluate.
September is Food Safety month. What are your takeaways from this?
An exercise for you to follow up with! Where have you traveled? Write down everyplace you have gone? What do you want to do or where are the places you want to see? What do you want next? What things do you need to expand in your life? Do you need to read more? What opportunities do you want for yourself?
Here is an invitation to Join our Thursday Mastermind, our Women’s Entrepreneur Group here in the office, or experience Coaching. Call 815-459-5161 or email Linda@delightinliving.com
Take the first step forward, it may put you on the Escalator of Success!
Welcome to Mini Miracles from Minor Moments!
DEALING WITH LIFE
Going to Tennessee for Free the Dream and The Tribe Conferences began with a few issues–we’ll call them challenges.
- What problems are you dealing with and how are you doing?
- The Story of a Valentine’s Day that still is in my mind!
- We are prepared for the difficult times even though we don’t always recognize it.
- We don’t always want to learn from the times that are sad or seemingly unbearable, but it helps us to grow.
- Ask for help. People want to be helpful.
- Don’t give up on the things you want to learn, the people you want to meet with, or the places you want to visit.
- How can you get from one place to another? How do you get to the other side?
- Learn systems and the tools you need from Linda in the upcoming podcasts and of course in her talks.
- Use your faith as a basis to keep you grounded and fulfilled.
- Be an Architect of your own health and well being.
- Note the changes you have made and be aware of what you want. Find your place.
A few of the beginning talks will be discussed in the upcoming podcasts.
Cliff Ravenscraft “All beliefs have Consequences”
Tracy Trost discussed Determining the Why?
PJ Jonas talked about Including Family in your dreams
Ray Edwards talked about the Miracle Factor of how A Life of Impossibility Becomes Logical
John Morgan talked about being Fearless
Check out Speaking of Harvey if you are a speaker.
Jim Haisler reminds us to TAKE THE NEXT STEP, IT MAY PUT YOU ON THE ESCALATOR OF SUCCESS.
- Loving People is easy to do when we take the time to listen and understand their stories. Loving one another and taking an interest in ones gifts are essential.
- Welcome to this weeks podcast on Loving People.
- Time in Tennessee at the FACTORY
- 2 Conferences: THE TRIBE and FREE the DREAM
- Applause for you!
- Working with one another
- Worry Mode Exercise
- Dealing with Stress
Take the next step forward,
it may put you on the Escalator of Success!
Mini Miracles from Minor Moments brings you educational tidbits, motivation,
and spirituality intersect to make your life happier.
Curiosity Belongs to everyone. Reading, traveling, and being with others feeds curiosity!
“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious”—Albert Einstein
- How do you change? – Using the past as a foundation for learning something new in the future. Where are the changes coming from? Are they external or internally rooted? Watch the behavior that you exhibit when going through changes. Develop leadership qualities. Note how you respond.
- Learning about AQ= Adaptability Quotient
- Success tells us a lot. Look at the two C’s. The first tells us to be centered; the second C reminds us to be connected to other people, thoughts, and ideas. The two S’s help us see that serving people and seeking good counsel are essential.
- Efficiency comes with practice and having good systems in place. Practice does make perfect. Rituals help us more us ahead and help with efficiency.
- How do little children learn? Who do they imitate?
- Watching and learning from other people like the lady from the church!
- We will be away from the Microphone for a week. See you on the 19th.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP; IT MAY PUT YOU ON THE ESCALATOR OF SUCCESS!
Mini Miracles from Minor Moments brings you educational tidbits, motivation, and spirituality that intersect to make your life happier. Becoming the person we want to be starts with vision. Linda talks about her life and how we develop because of the families we come from; we take on so many of the practices and understandings from our past. We all have have special stories. Enjoy what you have.
We all have portable equity and things that we are proud of doing. We learn from doing, seeing others, and taking things one step at a time. Gather your precious moments too! God does equip us with the tools we need to succeed.
What do you have a love for doing? Linda shares how learning was and still drives her. Do you practice and enjoy the hobbies and things that propel you forward? When are you the happiest? Is it connecting with an old friend or learning “the rest of the story” about someone in your past?
The Lord is my flashlight in times of darkness!
Leading the best life you can can be difficult. A man sharing a story in line at the store suddenly had a group discussing the things that consume us. Do you need to slow down and develop interior peace?
Ideas for living past 100: 1.Concentrate on one thing at a time. 2. Enjoy one small thing that you need to do every day. 3. Nurture a friendship 4. Stop hurrying. 5..Be Optimistic. 6. Eat and sleep properly. Enjoy your food. 7. Keep yourself busy with making something. 8. Smell the freshness in your garden.
Happy Labor Day
Learning to Focus
Welcome to Mini Miracles from Minor Moments!
“An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.”
Focusing takes on many faces. Listening the focus music can be a resource, but listening to the right music does help. Making a specific list of the right things to do can help us focus. What time of day are you the most efficient? When and where can you go to focus and get things accomplished?
“Don’t downgrade your dreams just to fit your reality, upgrade your convictions to match your destiny.”
Take note that Henry Ford made a contribution to our work habits. He was known for his productivity and creating the 8 hr/5 day work week. Learning to be efficient comes from practicing and repeating actions. Focusing is easy when you love something.
What do you want to learn? What is something you’d like to study or focus on regularly?
We encourage you to take the first step forward, it can put you on the escalator of success!
Welcome this is Podcast #146 and today’s topic is on Adjustments.
- Rearranging the Office and changing up the physical space!
- Social Anxiety – College Students making adjustments going away to school– Linda is offering a new package. Go to the Scheduling Page and sign up. It is a weekly program that includes email services too.
- Adjustments on Clothes, in Life, Financial, Careers, Clutter, Daily Routines
- Developing Friendships: The Mayonnaise Jar and the story of the Professor and Students.
- Who are you? How do you process things? Feel valuable and find comfort. Join in our upcoming programs, you’ll be glad you did!
- Take the next step forward, it can put you on the escalator of success.
The Light Bulb moments when a child is able to rollover or stand up, they see the world from a different perspective. They develop resilience from trying and trying again. They keep trying to get up over and over again. Resilience continually flows and helps us adapt.
As adults, business owners, and everyday workers or parents we have the capacity to develop a sense of gratitude along the way too. We become clearer thinking when we study, focus, and have positive goals. It is never to late to develop the attitude of gratitude.
Linda talks about her time as a new teacher at the age of 21 and how fitting it was for her. She loved being a teacher and being with kids. She had the energy and could relate to the 7 year old children she taught. We all need to stay connected to our “why” we do the things we practice each day.
She continues to discuss the 7 year increments in a woman’s life. These changes in life are teaching us to navigate and refine our skills and talents. We keep building resilience and joy. So many things are developing just as the small baby in the first 12 months of life.
Enjoy each season of your life.
“Finding your calling is like finding your why! It is the reason you exist; your purpose for living. When you do that, it changes everything.” John Maxwell
What are the pillars of your life?
What are the common denominators in life? Emotions? Desire to be fed? The need to have contact with others and commune with one another? The ability to share ideas, read, travel, and brainstorm.
Are you ready to go back to school? Are your family members ready to do that? What is on your plate?
Join up with others. Accountability is so very helpful.
It helps us stay on track and grow. Studies have shown that public statements make us accountable. Partner up with people you trust. Have others you trust give you feedback.
Question what it is you need to learn.
Hospitality Goes Along Way
Understanding one another goes a long way. It gives us the opportunity to connect with our peers, our family, our community. We need to be adaptable to change.
Search for The Power of Prayer and The Opportunities of Growth
Take the next step forward; it may put you on the Escalator of Success.
Trying Something New
Thanks for Jim Haisler for his Introduction to Mini Miracles from Minor Moments.
- Last week Linda shared time with Cliff Ravenscraft and his upcoming Conference in September.
- Learning a new Podcasting Mixer and how it works!
- Working the goals we set up for ourselves. Linda shares her two main ones! What are your dreams, visions, and goals.
- She shares the obstacles that pop up, laughing aloud at the ringing telephone!
- Understanding the stages of life and the opportunities each presents for us.
- Connect with us here for coaching opportunities.
- Make changes that you need to do, BUT DO ONE THING AT A TIME!
FOCUS F=follow O=one C=course U=until S=Successful
- Education is important. Learn the skills you need and apply them immediately. Learning is changing all the time. Know what information is important.
- Book suggestion is THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL by Andy Andrews.
- Take the next step forward to put you on the Escalator of Success.