Planning Ahead is Really Worth the Effort. Some of these things I have learned firsthand and want to offer them to you.
- Succession Planning is a must for businesses. A sudden death leaves a business in shambles under the best of circumstances and can leave everyone it serves in a state of need without help.
- Disability Insurance. An accident incapacitates the breadwinner in a family. Where does the money come from as things begin to stabilize? It can be months if not years until things go back to “normal.” Small disability insurance policies are a blessing. I can attest to this firsthand.
- Getting things done in advance. The power goes out and the ability to print out a much needed assignment or transaction is due with the hour. Now what? Just in the recent week a large store had their credit card system go down and the whole store was in jeopardy of much needed sales. Planning ahead is wise and backups are necessary.
- A simple backup is a lifesaver or business saver! Although everyone is saving things virtually, have things on backup systems or printed out is a good plan.
- Alternative speakers or plans can become a placeholder. Collaborating with others becomes a blessing when suddenly an airline cancellation postpones a speaker. Having a variety of acquaintances with skills around us is often a blessing. And sometimes it is a glitch that lets another person come forward to be known.
- Clean as you go. What I mean by this is that when you replace an article, a file, or a list at the office, discard the old one so that it isn’t mistaken for the up-to-date copy. You’ll save time and mistakes won’t happen as frequently. Shred old documents and tidy up before you leave the office or work space.
Have a great weekend. See you next week. Let the minor moments in your life lead you up the escalator of success.